As we draw closer to the end of 2013, reflection has been a recurring
theme for me. I’ve been taking time each day to look at where I was when 2013
began and where I am now. While some areas have remained the same, others have
changed drastically and not necessarily for the better. For example, my work
out routine (which I loved) has been reduced to one day per week due to
schedule changes at work, and I am noticing the difference. I realize that I need
to change my outlook on my work outs. I can no longer depend on zumba to keep
me moving, I can’t get to the evening classes I once frequented. My plan is to
do add some resistance training into my schedule in the morning before work and
look at my Sunday afternoon zumba class as a treat!
An area that has remained the same for me is my job. I am
very thankful to be gainfully employed, but I thought that prior to the two
year mark, I would have been able to have secured a different position by now. Initially
this looks like it could be a negative, but as I see it, it’s helping me.
Because I can’t see myself as a “lifer” in my current role, I believe I am
being narrowly guided by my circumstances towards pursuing my purpose and passion.
I am in the process of venturing into the world of entrepreneurship and I know that
if I had gotten any of the numerous internal positions I had applied for, I would
have been distracted and led off my path.
Take some time and reflect on the positive strides you’ve
taken. Acknowledge your areas of opportunity and create a plan to make the
changes necessary to improve in those areas. Don’t beat yourself about not
being further along or where you thought you’d be. There is a reason for you
being exactly where you are right now. The hard part is figuring out that
reason, what lesson you are supposed to be learning from this experience. Once
you think you have an idea of what that is, you can begin to do the work needed
to move on to the next chapter.
I will end this year’s final blog post with a quote from Zig
Ziglar.
“Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to
become successful.”
Thanking the universe for my adversity!
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment